Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Moving on Up"

I approach every Monday the same way, to have a better week than the one before! I often even sit down on Sunday night and think about the things I want to make better in my life, like spend more time with my kids, be a better husband to my wife, exercise more, study harder, and on and on. This past Sunday night as my wife and I were making a "healthy" supper menu for the week and encouraging each other to push hard, I thought to myself "I hope this week is great." Monday morning rolls around and I am hit with past sin in my life, not only me but others around me as well. It was as if Satan had dug in the trash cans of our life and brought back those smelly past mistakes that had been made. I was crippled, hurt and depressed as I fumbled around for the next two days, hiding out in my office I remembered the words of Paul.


"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."


Paul knew about past all too well, and reminded me that sometimes the best shepherds are ex-wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment